This stainless steel, time delay heated tubing expander allows barbed fittings to be installed in stiffer tubing that would otherwise split from the fitting insertion. A controlled internal expanding operation on the semi-rigid (nylon, ethylene, Teflon, etc.) tubing occurs at 150° – 350°F. With the special time delay option, manufacturing and process engineers can validate the repeatability of the tube expansion. This will eliminate variability between operators. The powerful air cylinder that performs the expanding operation is driven by a foot pedal. After expansion, a secure fit is formed as the tubing cools and recovers to its original size. The CRD216SS flexible tubing expander features a full stainless steel base, as well as a “Hold Open” feature to make jaw spacing adjustments easier. In addition, the CRD216SS can be used as an unheated expander as well.
CE Certified: The CRD216 is now available as a CE certified model. Please contact us for details at (303) 438-0853 or Email our Sales Department
Medical tube expander: Our tube expanders are well suited for medical tube expansion operations. They feature clean room compatible construction and are able to expanding medical tubing accurately, with highly repeatable results. All of our tube expanders feature stainless steel jaws to prevent contamination during expansion. Also, are expanders are extremely easy to validate. Our expanders are equipped with pressure gauges, accurate jaw gap adjustment mechanisms and time delay relays to set expansion time. This makes tube expansion very repeatable. Our heated tube expanders are well suited for expanding semi-rigid tubing such as Teflon, nylon and ethylene.
Flexible tube expander: Our tube expanders are capable of expanding many types of flexible tubing. Our flexible tubing expanders can be used with either tapered or straight jaws, depending on the type of tubing to be expanded.
Plastic tube expander: Our tube expanders will expand many types of plastic tubing including PVC, urethane and many types of thermoplastics.
Please contact us for pricing and availability (303) 438-0853 or Email our Sales Department
- The CRD216SS will expand stiffer tubing such as Nylon, Polyethylene, Polypropylene and Teflon tubing (including non-metallic braided tubing) from .040″ to 1/2″ inside diameter (I.D.).
- 150° to 350°F recommended operating temperature range.
- Also useable as an unheated tubing expander.
- Ability to adjust the jaw open time from 0.5 to 5 seconds. Optional time delays are available for jaw open times up to 25 seconds, please call for details.
- Ergonomic foot pedal operation.
- Includes a “Hold Open” feature which keep the jaws open, making it easier to make jaw spacing adjustments.
- Dependable air pressure regulator/gauge and thumbscrew provide simple adjustments.
- Power supplies and AC components for both North America (120VAC) and Europe (230VAC) to be specified at the time of order.
- Specify jaw type and size when ordering.
- 90 days parts and labor warranty; see user’s manual for warranty details.
Please contact us at (303) 438-0853 or Email our Sales Department